Sunday, June 2, 2013

6.2 Overall shape of the book

My posts are going to alternate between summing up/setting up meetings and work for the proposal.  So this is a start for putting together the proposal.  I am not sure whether I should be posting the focus/purpose  before or after I consider the organization - but the truth is writing a TOC seems easier that figuring out what we are doing = so here goes.

Introduction

Section I:  Some title to identify this section as setting up our focus and our assumptions about how to study that focus

Chapter 1: Ideologies, Identities, and Discourse

Chapter 2:  Methods (yes, I am hoping to come up with a better name for this)

Section II: Some title to indicate that this is the section with the ethnographic studies

Chapter 3: Trash Talking, Alter Egos and Disposable Writing in the Quasi-community of Fantasy Sports
Robin Orr-Gioffre

Chapter 4:  The Author is Dead, Long Live the Authors: Writer-ship, Writing Groups, and Composing Electronic Literature
Willmaria Miranda

Chapter 5:  "We F*cking Love Arguing": Unmoderated, Binary Discourse and the Conversation of Mankind
Joe Palinsky

Chapter 6:  GPOY: Validation through Likes, Comments, and Re-blogs
Luis Diaz III

Chapter 7: NaNoWriMo: Product-Centered Writing for a Deadline
Nicole Dreste

Chapter 8:  Welcome to the Fandom Wing: Consideration of Homogeneous Writing Communities
Heather Connors


Chapter 9:   Not sure of the title
Mark Sutton

Section III  Ideologies and Discourses in Context
Chapter 10  Something that pulls things together



No comments:

Post a Comment