Friday, June 14, 2013

6.14 Great meeting! & what to do for next week

We had a great meeting today!  We pretty much covered the agenda set in the post 6.13.  I think we are getting a little more clear about what we are doing and how we will do it.   As we said today, I am more than happy (in fact I am expecting) to meet with each of you one on one so you can walk me through your community, show me what have for (or talk about how you plan to collect) data, and plan and scheme about what you want to do for your project.  Every time I talk with you it just gets more exciting.  Meanwhile, post anything that you are thinking about - anything you want to talk/write about - on your blogs and we will see if we can make some use of one another as a community.

For next week
I would suggest that we read through the Kendall - on interviewing (with a skim through the rant about not using interviews to supplement surveys).  Pay attention to the discussion of what interviews can do and think about your design. 

At the meeting, we can have a theoretical discussion about what kind of interview you want to do - and maybe spend some time designing/practicing some of our protocols.

 In addition to talking about interviewing, I am going to suggest that you work on/think about your focus, begin writing some "analytic memos" (documents where you look at a particular piece of data associated with your community - and write about it in terms of some of the questions from Burn, or a "frame" suggested by Leander.  This is exploratory/opening up writing to help you plan/think about your study.



No comments:

Post a Comment